Train your staff with the most comprehensive online course available in letters of credit and the UCP 600 rules
12 hours of online training in the operation of letters of credit and the application of UCP 600, written by Gary Collyer, Technical Adviser to the ICC Banking Commission, and Chair of the UCP 600 Drafting Group.
Module 1 – DC Essentials
This module provides a firm foundation in the understanding of the function and operation of letters of credit and their risk characteristics compared to other traditional trade products. Subjects covered:
- The process involved in a typical letter of credit (LC) cycle
- Considerations when issuing an LC including workability, credit line availability and reimbursement
- The correct content and delivery of LC amendments
- The correct terms and conditions to include in an LC
- Role and responsibilities of the parties involved
- Types of Payment: sight/deferred/acceptance/negotiation
- Undertaking to honour or negotiate
- Taking up documents or issuance of a notice of refusal
Module 2 – Documents
This module examines each of the documents that can be presented under letters of credit and highlights how their data content must comply with the relevant provisions of UCP 600. – Standard for examination of documents as prescribed by UCP 600
- commercial invoice
- bill of lading
- sea waybill
- charter-party bill of lading
- combined transport document
- air waybill
- insurance documents
- courier and post receipts
- road, rail and inland waterway transport documents
- other documents (as per sub-article 14(f))
Module 3 – Case studies
This module enables users to put their understanding of the operation of letters of credit and the application of UCP 600 into practice through a series of interactive case studies. Including:
- Completion of a letter of credit application
- Beneficiary review of a letter of credit for workability
- Document checking from the perspective of an issuing bank and nominated bank
Module 4 – Assessment
The assessment enables the trainee to test their understanding of Letters of Credit and UCP 600. At each attempt of the assessment, the trainee is presented with 40 multiple choice questions randomly selected from a database of questions. Full feedback is provided on all questions after each attempt. Trainees who complete Mentor 600 qualify for 12 PDUs towards recertification for the Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) accreditation.
300€ per trainee Volume discounts as follows: 10 to 49 trainees – 250€ per trainee 50+ trainees – 200€ per trainee Invoicing and payment are dealt with by our online training partner Coastline Solutions. >Sign up to the training
This 8 hour online training course will begin by providing an overview of arbitration as a method of dispute resolution before examining how the ICC International Court of Arbitration and its Secretariat operate. The course will also examine the application of the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration to the ICC arbitration process. The training is divided into three modules, two training modules and an assessment module allowing you to test yourself on your understanding of ICC arbitration and on completion of which you will receive an ICC Certificate of Achievement.
This module consists of eight interactive lessons providing a comprehensive review of the arbitration process from the initial arbitration agreement to the award, paying particular attention to the operation of the ICC International Court of Arbitration and to the application of the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration. Topics covered:
- What is arbitration?
- Arbitration Agreement
- Request and Answer
- Arbitral tribunal
- Terms of Reference
- The Organization of proceedings
Specific Issues Module
This module consists of 2 interactive lessons providing insight into specific issues of the arbitration process. Topics covered:
- Interim and conservatory measures (including the emergency arbitrator)
This module tests your understanding of ICC Arbitration by means of an assessment. You will be asked 40 questions randomly selected from a pool of questions that cover the ICC arbitration process.
- The training is eligible for professional accreditation (8 CLE credits, 6.75 MCLE credits or 6.5 CPD points).
- Course material: written by members of the Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration and by the Chairman of the ICC Institute of World Business Law
- One year access to the training
- ICC Certificate of Achievement sent to you upon completion
- In addition to the 8 hours of training, you will also be able to access the ICC Webinar Series on the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration which deals in detail with 4 of the significant changes introduced in the 2012 ICC Rules of Arbitration, the Arbitral Tribunal, the Case Management, the Emergency Arbitrator and the Multi-party/Multi-contract provisions.
300€ per trainee Discount for group registrations; 10 to 49 trainees – 250€ per trainee 50+ trainees – 200€ per trainee Invoicing and payment are dealt with by our online training partner Coastline Solutions. >Sign up to the training
Going Global provides a detailed guide to international trade for both exporters and importers. It looks at the additional risks and challenges faced when expanding into international markets, and how to address them.
- Overview of international trade
- International sales contracts
- International trade terms
- Documents in international trade
- International transport
- Customs and ATA carnets
- Finance of international trade
- International trade law and dispute resolution
- eCommerce in international trade
- Intellectual property
Each trainee completes an end of course assessment covering all aspects of the course.
- One year access to the training
- Training anytime, anyplace
- Self paced – trainees take the course at their own speed to match their requirements
- Reduce travel and facilities costs
- Multi device: Desktop, Laptop, iOS, Android, Tablet, Smartphone
- ICC Certificate of Achievement sent to you upon completion.
300€ per trainee. 10 to 49 trainees – 250€ per trainee 50+ trainees – 200€ per trainee Invoicing and payment are dealt with by our online training partner Coastline Solutions. >Sign up to the training
This online training course will ensure that trade finance professionals have the requisite skills to issue, process and honor traditional trade finance products in line with the provisions of the major ICC trade finance rules and standards (URC 522, UCP 600, URDG 758 and ISP98) The training is eligible for Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (CDCS) related PDUs
The Trade Finance Suite covers all you need to know to efficiently handledocumentary credits, standby letters of credit, collections and demand guarantees. The various modules train you at your rhythm to ensure steady progress.
- Collections: Learn the essentials of Documentary Collections work and the application of URC 522.
- Documentary Credits: Two levels to ensure your progress Mentor 600: the only ICC approved course that trains your staff in all aspects of the documentary credits and UCP 600 rules. DC Master: enhances the knowledge and skills of experienced letter of credit professionals.
- Standby LCs: Ensures proficiency in ISP98, the rules governing the operation of standby LCs/independent undertakings.
- Demand Guarantees: Explains the operation of demand guarantees and counter-guarantees and the application of URDG 758.
Written by the world’s leading experts in trade finance
– Gary Collyer, Technical Adviser to the ICC Banking Commission and Chair of the UCP 600 Drafting Group – Professor James Byrne, Director of the Institute of International Banking Law & Practice and Chair of the ISP Drafting Group – Dr. Georges Affaki, Vice-Chair of the ICC Banking Commission and Chair of the URDG 758 Drafting Group
Costs for a one-year access to the Trade Finance Suite
Trade Finance Suite – 800€ per trainee For volume discounts please contact us.
Each module can be purchased separately:
300€ per trainee 10 to 49 trainees: 250€ per trainee 50+ trainees: 200€ per trainee Invoicing and payment are dealt with by our online training partner Coastline Solutions. >Sign up to the training