This 1 day event is designed for any professional with an interest for or whose practice relates to the design, implementation, administration or monitoring of an (ethics- and) anti-corruption compliance program and related policies and procedures. It provides an overview of the relevant legal frameworks and some specific guidance and best practices on how to develop and implement a compliance program in a business environment.
This workshop / seminar focusses on anti-corruption and on measures to prevent and detect corruption risks in a business setting. It starts off with an overview of the relevant legal frameworks and continuous with presenting guidance and best practices on how to design (and integrate) an effective anti-corruption program.
This one day workshop / seminar is designed for any professional with an interest for or whose practice relates to the design, implementation, administration or monitoring of an (ethics- and) anti-corruption compliance program and related policies and procedures. This includes:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Officers
- Ethics and Legal Compliance Professionals
- Risk Management and Internal Control Professionals
- Internal Auditors
- Legal Counsels
- Corporate Security Officers
- Financial Controllers
- Fraud Investigators
- Procurement Professionals
- To get a clear understanding of the legal framework and relevant legal notions
- To get a feel of what Regulators are looking for in a compliance program
- To obtain guidance and best practices on how to develop and implement an anti-corruption compliance program
1.ANTI-CORRUPTION LEGAL FRAMEWORK
- Legal Notions (public and private bribery, influence peddling, …)
- International Instruments (UN, EU, …)
- Private Actors involved in the fight against bribery (Transparency International, ICC, …)
- US FCPA and UK Bribery Act
- Anti-Corruption Legislation in Albania
2. COMPLIANCE PROGRAM DESIGN
- Guidance Materials presented by Regulators
- Common Themes
- Best Practice Examples
- Trends and Developments
Dr. Harald Haelterman
Dr. Harald Haelterman, Head of Business Ethics – Legal Europe at TNT Express (currently part of FedEx Corporation), based in The Netherlands.
Dr. Harald Haelterman (°1972) is a Belgian author, academic and crime prevention practitioner with extensive international experience in (Corporate) Security, Ethics and Compliance. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree and a Ph.D. in Criminology (Ghent University, Belgium), a Master of Science Degree in Security and Crime Risk Management (Leicester University, United Kingdom) and a Certificate of Higher Education in Philosophy (KU Leuven, Belgium). He further specialized at the Free University of Brussels, Antwerp University and University College London.
Dr. Haelterman is a former research fellow at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and Information Technology (KU Leuven) and a former guest lecturer at the Free University of Brussels and the University of Antwerp Management School.
Members: 100 EUR
Non-members: 170 EUR
For the 2nd and more participant registering from same company, 20% discount is applied.
Please confirm your participation to: [email protected].