This one day seminar is an introduction to Incoterms® 2020 Rules. It will provide some useful tips for the correct use of Incoterms® 2020 Rules in domestic and cross border transactions: main roles and responsibilities of seller and buyer, delivery, risk and the relationship between the Incoterms® rules and the contracts surrounding a typical contract of sale for import/export (i.e. carriage and insurance contracts and documentary credits).
Procurement, Sales, Import, Export, Logistics, Back Office and Financial Departments
- Basic rules: what the Incoterms® rules do and do NOT do.
- The fundamental distinctions between Incoterms® 2010 and Incoterms® 2020.
- Innovations in the Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- How best to choose the right Incoterms® 2020 rule:
- Depending on our position as sellers/buyers.
- Depending on the mode of carriage.
- Depending on the kind of goods/packaging.
- As exporters, depending on legal requirements to justify VAT exemption.
- Incoterms® Rules and documentary credits.
Valle García de Novales
Valle García de Novales is a lawyer with over 29 years dealing with cross border transactions. Valle is a Founding Partner and Director of the Spanish Law Firm A\V ASESORES, A.I.E.
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce Commission on Commercial Law and Practices.
- President of the Commission on Commercial Law and Practices at ICC Spain.
- Representative of ICC Spain to coordinate with ICC Working Group on Incoterms® 2020.
- Professional Profile: https://es.linkedin.com/in/vallegarciadenovales
Members: 150 EUR
Non-members: 220 EUR
Please confirm participation to: [email protected].